This week you will be reading and interpreting a graph- a visual representation of data. Graphic features such as maps, diagrams, charts, illustrations, and graphs can be found in across all subjects in textbooks. Use the following strategies to determine what information is being represented or measured in the infographic above:
- Read the title and headings to determine the subject.
- Examine the categories and labels to see if anything is being compared.
- Look for numerical data (numbers or percentages) and determine the relationship between the numbers and the categories.
- Study the pictures or diagrams to see and predict how they are connected to the subject.
Questions for reflections:
- According to the infographic, why does education matter? Support your answer with the data.
- What patterns or relationships do you see ?
- How does this information impact you now or in the future?