Testing window for the Spring AzMERIT state assessment will be returning (like the monarch butterfly and the Marvel Universe) in April 2017. Here are just a few things to keep in mind regarding this process…
- ALL testing within the district will be delivered online using student devices.
- Site Instructional Staff will be responsible for reviewing the AzMERIT Training Slides (linked here) with teachers who will be administering both the practice as well as the AzMERIT test.
- All sites should make sure that AzMERIT test administrator certifications are completed by no later than Friday, March 10th.
All teachers who will be administering the AzMERIT test MUST complete the online test administrator certification via the TIDE website (linked here) before they will be able to access the TIDE Administrative Test Dashboard.
- In order to insure that you have adequate technical and network support during your April testing window, we ask that you please complete the District AzMERIT Scheduling Form by no later than Friday, March 3rd.
- Sites should plan to deliver the SAMPLE TEST version of AzMERIT by no later than Friday, April 7th.
- Remember to remind students that they are responsible for making sure that laptops are charged and they have earbuds available for testing. Site may request additional testing earbuds for students (no more than 10% of your testable student population) by submitting your request through the http://helpdesk.susd12.org
- You can find a variety of other helpful resources including the complete testing guides and training videos on the AzMERIT Test Coordinator Resource Page
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, February 27th- First available day to administer the AzMERIT PRACTICE Test
- Friday, March 3rd- Deadline to complete the District AzMERIT Scheduling Form to insure I.T. and Hardware support during testing.
- Friday, March 10th- All test administrators should have completed the AzMERIT certification process
- March 13th- March 27th- Intersession/Spring Break
- Friday, April 7th- All test administrators should have completed AT LEAST ONE Practice Testing Session
- April 10th-13th: AzMERIT Writing Test Window (HIGH SCHOOL)
- April 17th- AzMERIT Writing (Grades 3-8)
- Friday, April 21st- State deadline for submitting ALL writing tests
- Friday, April 28th- State deadline for submitting Math & Reading tests FOR GRADE THREE ONLY
- Thursday, May 4th- State deadline for submitting ALL REMAINING TESTS for all other grade levels.
Thanks and as always, please let us know if you have any questions to make this process go smoothly.